Sunday, December 5, 2010

Farewell Steelheart Village

This coming Wednesday, in Second Life, Something will happen that I consider important and you may not.

Bebelou Naidoo and I are shutting down our operation of Steelheart Village.

It was the best place you never visited and let me tell you that I wish that you had.

Steelheart was the first project where Bebe and I worked together as business associates and we had a darn good time doing it.  She suddenly decided that she was going to have a village and foster a community and I just nodded and smiled and because she was doing it I knew that I was going to be involved.  Bebe has very good ideas and she is good at making those ideas spring to life.

So she bought her land in Kirkoswald  and I grabbed anything surrounding her and we built a village.  

I read Bebe’s comments and I don’t think I could write anything more eloquent so I will just hit some high points:

     1. Bebe Dropped a house on a neighbor while helping set up my studio.
  1. I opened a Gallery called Wolf Island Studios which became listed as a Linden place to visit.
  2. Bebe sets loose a reign of tornadoes on the village the likes of which I have never seen.
  3. She  contracts and hires a builder and suddenly our land starts turning into a village--with people!
  4. She builds lakes
  5. She builds an ice skating ring
  6. I built a sand box
  7. She organized a holiday market where we met Khan the texture guy
  8. I opened the Black Kitty Pub
  9. We meet Serene and Brenden who organize the pub in to an English Folk Club which becomes very successful
  10. She is the queen of Terraforming--the village is constantly changing.
  11. She brings in Hunts
  12. I do a series on Hunt History at Wolf Island Studios
  13. She installs and Arcade and a movie theatre
  14. Bebe opens the Gadgeteria and sells Profile Sniffies a the Sit N Win tables. 
Yes, good times were indeed had.
    So  I stroll down the path one last time to say goodbye to a fine old English Pub and its revelers, to say goodbye to the villagers and group members who took the chance on us, I have to regrets—only something wonderful to look forward to and something equally wonderful to look back upon.

    Goodbye, Steelheart, its time to sleep.

    4 comments:

    1. Awwwwwwwwww ,sniff sniff. Our dreams will live on in Inworldz.SL will become our little vacation home. Thank you sooooooo much for your support! *hugs*

      ReplyDelete
    2. awwww *me sniffs 2!*`:´)

      Yes Bebe is wonderful and so creative! Happy to have her as a friend and I love the Birdhouse!

      Its on my sim now. You are both very welcome to visit our new location, Midsomer County whenever u feel like it. See u soon i hope! =)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wow I wish I had visited Steelheart. In both yours and Bebe's posts, I kept thinking that Steelheart sounded more like a place in InWorldz than SL. :) You guys were pioneers before you ever came to IW. I'm so glad you're both here. xoxoo

      ReplyDelete
    4. Sorry to hear this John. Onwards and upwards!

      ReplyDelete