Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hills With White Elephants or Lemmings Against the Wall Street


My general take on life is this:  I tilt my head sharply to the side, Gilbert Godfrey the eyes and the teeth and then furiously scratch my head like Cheetah the Chimp. It’s safe to say that I have found a real head-scratcher in the in the current Wall Street protests.

First, as an onlooker, a faithful follower of the daily news events, I have NO clue as to what they are protesting about and, it seems, neither do they.  There is no organization, no megaphones, no featured speakers, none of the “this and that’s” which decorate the well run and well organized protests.   Watching this protest session is like watching what happens when you stamp you foot down over an anthill; total chaos!

It seems to me that there is no organized point. One guy is there promoting his website, some are selling, selling, selling (pardon my obsession with Jean Claude Van Italie) and others are just milling about looking dazed and confused but determinate because they are there to protest; they just don’t rightly know why.

If this is the madding crowd, they are far from it.

NOW

What I surmise and not being all politically “learnified” in all things political is this:  an opportunity and now my big questions:

If Mit Romney, Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, and Barack Obama are so all fired smart and they know what WE the PEOPLE need, why are they not there helping to organize these protests?

Politicians!  This is a town meeting waiting to happen and you folks just laze about moseying along on your campaign trails talking to us the American People who are heck out of luck and dry out of jobs!  How can you assume what we need when you can’t even haul your political posteriors to a rally waiting to happen?

What a bunch of numb nuts you all are, both parties.  If you were salesmen which you are supposed to be, I would fire you on the spot for missing such a golden opportunity and if you are businessmen, Mr. Herman Cain, why would I want to do business with you if you can’t see the golden opportunity for the political banter.

Get to work, folks! Your lemmings are calling you to lead them and not one of you has stepped up to the plate and taken the time to show up to this Wall Street protest and show them, these American People, that you are willing to care and that you are willing to lead them to a brighter day.

If you can’t do something this simple, why should I vote for you and entrust you with the handling of this country and its economy?

I’m just saying…

1 comment:

  1. This I so applaud- regardless of who they claim to be- politicians are still politicians -

    ReplyDelete